Coaches, Officials and Volunteers Code of Conduct
The essence of good ethical conduct and practice is summarised below. All coaches, officials and volunteers at the club must:
- Consider the wellbeing and safety of participants before the development of performance.
- Develop an appropriate working relationship with participants, based on mutual trust and respect.
- Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and the experience of those taking part.
- Promote the positive aspects of the sport (e.g. fair play).
- Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance.
- Follow all guidelines laid down by the national governing body and the club.
- Hold appropriate qualifications and insurance cover.
- Never exert undue influence over participants to gain personal benefit or reward.
- Never condone rule violations, rough play or the use of prohibited substances.
- Encourage participants to value their performances and not just results.
- Encourage and guide participants to accept responsibility for their own performance and behaviour.
- Never use foul or inappropriate language.
- Never engage in any form of sexual relations with anyone under the age of 18, or vulnerable adults.
- Read, understand and put into practise all club policies and procedures.